Each Tau member is eligible for personal storage. Storage space is of course a very limited resource in our house so it’s important that a good and transparent system is in place to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to work on projects over time and safeguard that private tools and equipment is not misplaced or damaged in between their planned usage.
Up until now storage has taken place a few different places in Tau in a rather improvized fashion but as we’ve grown it’s become high time to evolve this setup into something that works better and can accommodate further growth in membership.
Purpose of this thread
This post is a description of the new setup, both in terms of its physical space and the policies that comes with its use. Its purpose is to inform all Tau members the “how, what, where and why” of storage in the context of Tau.
As a WIKI thread this first post will evolve with time as we collectively find ways to optimize and update Tau to any given point in time. As of now @hampus will be the guide for the responsibility of maintaining the Tau storage room but this could change over time. Always contact the guide of a particular responsibility before making changes to related WIKI posts such as this one.
Storage system and room
- The room marked “Rydbergs” on the door (glass walls) will be our new dedicated private storage room.
- All shelves - apart from the top and bottom shelves - are 100% dedicated to Blivande members.
- There are a total of 35 private storage compartments on the different shelves in the storage room.
- The boundaries of where one private storage space ends and another begins is marked with black tape.
Any member using a compartment on the shelves needs to clearly mark the space with their name. Write on a piece of masking tape on the side of the shelf itself or directly mark your boxes/items.
Unmarked items will be removed on a monthly basis and in such cases Blivande does not take any responsibility for the potential loss of, or damage to, said items.
- Each storage space measures ~80 cm in width which correlates to the space necessary to fit in two (2) 60x40 cm Euroboxes or equivalent.
Stackable and EUR-pallet compatible Euroboxes is our recommended storage box and we encourage our members to acquire such boxes for themselves as Blivande cannot afford to buy them centrally at this time.
Specialty items and exceptions:
- Certain large and custom objects such as half-finished artworks will not always fit in a space efficient way inside the shelved storage room. Such items will have be discussed individually and on a case-by-case basis.
- Flat, board materials that needs to be stored in an upright position have their own dedicated space in the corridor by the main entrance to Tau from Pillar room in the middle of the house. Do communicate beforehand if planning to bring these types of materials to the house as space is indeed limited. This very thread is a great place to communicate and get an answer.