Welding workshop 18/10

I would make a welding course this Friday 2020/09/18
6-10 participants
Time around 9:00 to 16:00 with breaks
Costs 500 SEK
Bring old fire resistant clothes and shoes (cotton and leather)

Let me know here if you want to attend

3 Likes

What will the focus of the course be?

1 Like

Little theory
different welding procedures
exercise welding MIG and MMA in different positions
maybe aluminium welding

2 Likes

Cool, I’m up for that!

1 Like

Also, my mom is joining! She used to work with silver, so has some experience of metal.

4 Likes

I hope to join, next time if this happens again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@hugi, we could use the discord form that Owen developed for sign ups, what do you think?

@elch, that would mean a link were we could add a short description and when people fill it out their comment, in that case their wish to participate is automatically posted on a thread of our choosing here on the forum. Makes it easier also for people who are not already on the platform.

Or is it more informal/word of mouth this week?

so far just spreading the word but we can make it official. was short notice cause I have time this week

I’d love to join!

3 Likes

Hello! I’d like to join this Friday.

2 Likes

Hej Hugi och ni andra! Jag är bäbis-ny på forumet, detta är mitt första inlägg. Fick av Katja K höra om det kommande svets-initiativet och blev superintresserad. Har länge smådrömt om att borsta av mina 25 år gamla, dammiga kunskaper från gymnasiet. Min sambo Ida är också högst intresserad. Hon har en bakgrund i multidiciplinärt skapande på Konstfack.

Skulle det vara så att kommande fredag redan är fulltecknad och denna möjlighet ges igen längre fram, är vi fortfarande peppade! :slight_smile: Tack för fint initiativ. /Ingo

3 Likes

Seems like we have enough people signing up already like this :).

Let’s try out the form next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

@elch, realized that I am already booked on Friday so can’t join the course. I had forgotten about that I was booked in all day.

My mom will also rather join at a later time.

But with @Ingo and his partner, @inga and @jimmyroq that makes for four. Is the course still good to go @elch?

@ChristinaKiw did you see the note about the welding workshop this Friday? Would you or anyone you know be interested?

1 Like

If it’s just 4 we can make a shorter but more intense course cause they don’t have to share machines

I would actually appreciate a lot if it was a shorter and more intense course, as I’m going to work at 16 and would need to leave a bit early anyway. :slight_smile:

I just talked to a local resident Thomas who was visiting Frihamnstorget with his grandson (I think). He’s interested in joining the welding course as well and said he would come down on Friday morning. He lives nearby.

3 Likes

This is gonna be soo nice! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

OK, so this is happening? :slight_smile: What’s the adress, and is it OK to pay cash or via banktransfer?

1 Like

@elch?