Turn off Shutters for Open Space (aka. Mounting Room) @Tau

Can someone (@Joannis-Magnus) ? Please turn off the shutters for The Open Space (Mounting room) at TAO. It is a shame to loose all that wonderful light in this room. And for Cecilia who is using part of the space to paint, it is hard to loose the light.

Can you teach more of us how to use it. Right now it seems a bit messy to have to ask for it everyday. And for now there is no-one present at Beta to help out.

Lots of love / downstairs

@Frida_Simon @cecilia_ulfsdotter @bobspeakman @NinaLindberg @hugi @hampus @Vinnss @Linnea @Sero

1 Like

Don´t feel leftout

Problem is that it’s the same system for the Open Space as all other rooms in Tau. And we have a conflict in interest between people wanting the light (you and Cecilia) and people like @dsandber who has trouble working in the woodshop when the sunlight comes in.

One possible “fix” would be to turn off the electricity for the engines of the sun shades just outside the window to Open Space. What do you think of that @Joannis-Magnus?

This means Open Space would never have any sun shade whatsoever. Would that be OK for other members using the space? It might get really hot in there later in spring and summer.

For me it would not be a problem if we turn them off. There are manual shutters inside the room. In the future the best solution would of course be to have a on/off button in the room / open space.

What does the rest of TAU think about it?

The external shutters are such a complicated system – sun and wind sensors, programs, buttons, … Is the complication worthwhile?

Perhaps we should just disable them and buy some cheap internal shutters? Those have a relatively elegant UI that everyone understands…

1 Like

Yes, but they also block the sunlight on the inside of the windows as opposed to outside. So more heat makes it into the house, which it a big problem during summer time. The temperatures at daytime last summer were quite intense, it’s a very real issue that we are in contact with our landlord about. This is especially bad upstairs at Beta since the heat rises there through the house. Less heat coming into Tau should mean less heat ending up at Beta.

But in any case we decided at the last Tau meeting to install blinders (we already have some in storage I believe) in the Open Space room. Should be an easy thing to do since the mounts for it are still left on the wall.

Who wants to take on this action point?

So why not enable the outside shutters only for the few months of the year when it’s hot?

BTW, in case you didn’t know, the shutter in the back of the building near the garbage is broken.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a good idea.

We’re aware of the broken blinder, thanks!

On Friday I sourced some blinders and put these on the table in Open Space room (don’t like this name, feels clumsy to refer to) and informed @Lekonst about it.

• There are pre-existing L-irons on the wall for 2 out of the 3 relevant windows. So it’s a super simple 5 min job to mount these.

• There are two more L-irons in the entrance room that can be moved into Open Space to cover the needs of the remaining window. In other words everything that is needed to fix this is very accessible.

Now that a quick and easy solution has been provided I will consider the issue raised in this thread solved. As soon as the blinders are mounted by someone (ideally the same people raising the issue/expressing the need) I can make sure to turn off the electricity for the shutters directly outside of Open Space.

@Lekonst @cecilia_ulfsdotter

Hello,

I am currently working from home because I’ve put myself in a self quarantine because of a cold, but I will be back on Tuesday of Wednesday and will fix it then!

Thanks for getting the blinds!

Cecilia

1 Like

Let me know when u are back @cecilia_ulfsdotter
It is way easier if we are two :upside_down_face:

Shes in the house today.

1 Like

I was out of blivande yesterday. Next time we sync, this will happen!

Me and @cecilia_ulfsdotter has now completed this mission and we have shutters for all the windows in open space. Check.

1 Like

Good stuff!

I will look into turning off the electricity to that section.

IMG_2808

3 Likes

Friendly Reminder

When can we expect the shutters to be turned off?

Today the shutters are acting crazy. It is a lot of wind, and sun.
So they go up and down like every 5 min. It is quite annoying i must say. Shadow, sun, shadow, sun, sound, noise.

I will survive and get my work done, so don’t worry to much.

Yeah I haven’t been in the house much over the weekend but I’ll do it when I’m there next. Most likely today. Assuming it can be done of course. Like I’ve said before I’m not 100 % of what the breakers outside control, but hopefully they are divided up in different sections for each side of the door.

1 Like

The blinds are still coming down, we decided on a meeting that we where going to turn them off in tau open space since we have installed inside blinds that we can control ourselves. Is there someone who can turn them off? I could perhaps do it myself if someone showed me where

1 Like

The blinds are still coming down, we decided on a meeting that we where going to turn them off in tau open space since we have installed inside blinds that we can control ourselves. Is there someone who can turn them off? I could perhaps do it myself if someone showed me where

I agree with you. We have done what we can, and what we were told to. And now we are getting frustrated, when the solutions is out of our hands. At least the sun is shining on us today :smiley:

:sunny::sunny::sunny:

I Think it has to do with @Joannis-Magnus trying to program the Shutters to work better. And we just want the control of light-intake ourselves. The house is in control :wink:

1 Like