Tau meeting wed 4th March 2020

What’s on the Agenda ? co-create it here by editing this post and adding bullet points (add an asterisk, space and topic) below the “Check-in” together with your name.

Also, anyone keen to cook or have suggestion for food please state so.
We aim to have a rotating cook for each meeting.

Last week we planned to spend some time cleaning out the storage space in preparation for some of the construction work.
@hampus will make an action plan but may not be present for what needs to be sorted where.

AGENDA

2 Likes

I can’t change the post (not from my phone anyhow)

I would like to add
*Shutters in open space
*Moop station

Hey! Also not sure how to edit this. I’d like to talk more concretely about figure drawing and start to discuss dates, pricing, and maybe places to advertise?

@Lekonst @asapienza you should be able to edit it now

Me and Nina won’t make it today, we have to go see a man about some sliding doors. Thrilling times.
I wanted to organise every third Tau meeting to involve members of Frihamnstorget forming a little splinter group to talk about making the square a living and breathing art piece. That was the point I added to the agenda.
See you soon or Friday

1 Like

Simon and I can not make it to todays meeting. VAB
/ Frida och Simon

1 Like

There no time specified but I guess we’re going 18.00 as previously (and as in now). Heading downstairs…

Hi! Is there any notes from last meeting. Heard that we’re not taking down the walls now in the open space for example. Would like to get up to speed :relaxed:

1 Like

Mike was the one taking notes at the meeting.

People present: @Lekonst @Jomi @MariaEuler @MariaMartin @Nicke @cecilia_ulfsdotter and myself (unless I’m forgetting someone).

Things discussed and decided (from memory):

  • Shutters in Open Space versus Woodshop, how to balance letting in and keeping out light in Tau.
    Decision: We will put up shutters in Open Space. There should be some in storage we can use.

  • Fundraiser party for the Tau rebuilding project (woodshop + storage room + open space).
    Decision: We will have a Tau party! Date TBD. There are several free Saturdays in May. If we do a Friday we can also make something happen in April. I will create a separate thread about this.

  • MOOP station.
    Decision: We will create a MOOP station next to Maria’s room by the banana door.

  • Figure drawing recurring course led by @cecilia_ulfsdotter and @MariaEuler
    Decision: There will be such a course! Weekly or biweekly to start with. @cecilia_ulfsdotter will create a new forum post about it where details can be discussed, such as prices, whether to sell something during the event, what to pay the models etc.

  • A very long and winding discussion on why the woodshop is to be prioritized before the enlargement of the Open space room. Mike was strongly in favor of doing both projects at once, starting with the Open Space enlargement that he sees as a very easy and quick thing to do. Others, not least myself, were of a very different opinion, erring on the side of caution. In the end we agreed to disagree.

  • The point about the Frihamnstorget splinter group was postponed due to the majority of the FT crew not being present at the meeting.

@NinaLindberg we have always wanted to take down the walls of the open space (it’s even written into the contract for the building that we signed in 2018). We will still do this, just not right now when we want to focus our efforts on fixing the woodshop, moving Simon and Vinnss’s rooms and fixing our two storage rooms. The sooner we finish with the first order of business we can move on to the next one!

1 Like
Mike was the one taking notes at the meeting.

People present: @Lekonst @Jomi @MariaEuler @MariaMartin @Nicke @cecilia_ulfsdotter and myself (unless I’m forgetting someone).

Things discussed and decided (from memory):

Shutters in Open Space versus Woodshop, how to balance letting in and keeping out light in Tau.
Decision: We will put up shutters in Open Space. There should be some in storage we can use.

Fundraiser party for the Tau rebuilding project (woodshop + storage room + open space).
Decision: We will have a Tau party! Date TBD. There are several free Saturdays in May. If we do a Friday we can also make something happen in April. I will create a separate thread about this.

MOOP station.
Decision: We will create a MOOP station next to Maria’s room by the banana door.

Figure drawing recurring course led by @cecilia_ulfsdotter and @MariaEuler
Decision: There will be such a course! Weekly or biweekly to start with. @cecilia_ulfsdotter will create a new forum post about it where details can be discussed, such as prices, whether to sell something during the event, what to pay the models etc.

A very long and winding discussion on why the woodshop is to be prioritized before the enlargement of the Open space room. Mike was strongly in favor of doing both projects at once, starting with the Open Space enlargement that he sees as a very easy and quick thing to do. Others, not least myself, were of a very different opinion, erring on the side of caution. In the end we agreed to disagree.

The point about the Frihamnstorget splinter group was postponed due to the majority of the FT crew not being present at the meeting.

@NinaLindberg we have always wanted to take down the walls of the open space (it’s even written into the contract for the building that we signed in 2018). We will still do this, just not right now when we want to focus our efforts on fixing the woodshop, moving Simon and Vinnss’s rooms and fixing our two storage rooms. The sooner we finish with the first order of business we can move on to the next one!

It was almost everything from the meeting.

There was a discussion about lighting in the open space. It was said that we don’t have budget for that yet. And during summer we have a lot of light (if the shutters are up).

There is one idea to have an annual happening in the house. Music, art and other fun stuff. And to use the studio-room to show art. This will be discussed in a separate meeting.

Can we install a smaller clay-oven? What is needed?

/M

2 Likes

About the lighting we should be able to fund alongside the rest of the investments discussed lately with one good fundraiser party. It’s a cost of maybe 2500 SEK.

We should be able to make a profit of 30-50 KSEK from a big party assuming we can get 200-250 people to come and pay a 150-200 kr entrance fee.

Hello, I wont be able to make it to the meeting today as the edgeryders bootcamp for strategy 2020 planning is running hotter and longer than planned and we need to finish while Nadia and Zmorda are still here in Stockholm

1 Like

Noted! Wrong thread though. :slight_smile: