Solo utställning för mig i ~galleri~ container på frihamnstorget?

Hej!

I spoke to hugi today about having a solo show in the gallery container last Friday of august, meaning 28th of august. I’ve spoken with Hampus about having a solo indoors at blivande for quite a while now but thought it would be much nicer to have it in the container that is meant for a gallery anyway, and then it can become a part of work is play day. And then the work can hang there for a week. Can we lock it in?

All the best

Cecilia

Xx

@SofiaAnner @hampus @hugi

1 Like

I think it’s a wonderful idea. I know that there has been a discussion with some art collective too @SofiaAnner? As I understand nothing is set in stone with that yet? Could they take over once Cecilia is done?

Sounds amazing. and yes, there is an ongoing process with femart about renting the container, I talked to them yesterday and they want to rent it aug-okt. They just needed to confirm it with the rest of the group. But their plan is to use the container as an open artspace/studio for their members anyway so probably it can be combined

1 Like

Ok, so if they want to rent it the same week I have a show there could you ask them if I can still have my shoe there during this time? I could work together with them to renovate the space, and then they could take over after my first show. Are they in this forum? Maybe it will be easier if I contact them myself as well

All the best

Cecilia

Or maybe it would be easier if they take over after my show? But looking at their page their organisation seem to go in line with my work so maybe we could collaborate? But I think maybe it’s best if you talk to them first @SofiaAnner since you already have a conversation with them?

Hello Everyone,

I got the green light now from Femart to have my show there whether they will be there by then or not, meaning it’s time for me to start planning. They don’t know yet when they will move in because half of them are on holiday, but they told me to go ahead anyway, and hopefully we can collab if they are moved in by then.

I plan to start doing up the container this Friday already as a part of work-is-play-day and continue every Friday till the opening, that way I can hopefully grab helpers.

If you know anyone who’d like to help me pls let me know, with pr or renovating.

All the best

cc

@SofiaAnner @hugi @hampus

3 Likes

We also need a name for that gallery! I guess we could go with “Galleri Frihamnstorget”?

Haha I just thought the same thing! I think its a good name, its simple, descriptive, and non confusing - the excitement is inside!

2 Likes

Maybe we could make a sign for it one a work is play day together?

1 Like

Hey I just got Jan Watteus to be my curator for the show! He is the owner of Kumelholmen, an art gallery that exhibited world famous artists such as William Kentridge! He is also quite a famous art collector in Stockholm, and super nice! It will be good for Galleri Frihamnstorget and blivande overall!

@SofiaAnner @hugi @hampus

2 Likes

@bobspeakman @NinaLindberg

I spoke to Nina today that we can arrange a day next week together when we can empty all their things, many thanks xx

Fantastic, I’ve always thought that there should be overlap between us and Kummelholmen. Great news!

1 Like

Great news!

How many works do you foresee yourself exhibiting in total?
Is there going to be a vernissage/party that extends beyond 22.00?
@cecilia_ulfsdotter

Note that we are also in discussions to host a private birthday party at the square and the house the day after, and we’re thinking that the exhibition will be open for a couple of hours for that too. I will update you on that ASAP @hampus

1 Like

Maximun 7 big works and possibly some smaller drawings as well, I guess I will discuss it with Jan later, I’m happy to take feedback from you guys as well!

A party after the vernissage would be great, its a perfect place for a ~corona safe~ party anyway, and people are already used to things happening there on fridays anyway. So yeah, if some of you would like to help me with the party as well that would be great :))))

@hampus @hugi @sofia @Linnea @bob @Lekonst @NinaLindberg

@Joannis-Magnus would you possibly like to help me install the lights? I’ll be your assistant in the process, and I can cook you something for lunch that day? It would need to be sometime as soon as possible and before 24th of august? ^^ :))))))

Hey wasn’t it the day after on the Saturday? And yes i’d be happy to keep the gallery open for the first two hours of the party, so I’ll be there to guard it.

This is good News!
Is The date set to 28th of August?
I want to help out! Just need to confirm that i am avaliable.

Amazing! Yes the date is set for the 28th! you can come help bob nina and i lift things out of there sometime this week, ill get back to you on which day ^^

1 Like

Yes, day after, sorry!