Solarpunk In Stockholm (SOLARIS)

We have been playing around with the idea of launching a Solarpunk festival at Frihamnstorget in 2021. A radical movement is emerging around the world to imagine a new vision for the future. We should bring Solarpunk to Stockholm!

Solarpunk Festival at Frihamnstorget?

Welcome to take part in shaping Solaris 2021 - Stockholm Solar punk festival.

We want to create a space where we build positive ideas, thoughts, and projects about the future.

“Solar Punk” as a concept describes a world with sustainable energy and resource use, high technology, community, co-creation, and freedom.

The Solaris Festival will take place at Frihamnstorget over a long weekend during 2021. We envision a teeming happening with creators, talks, music, entertainment, workshops, performance, exhibitions, art, builds, technology, meetings, happiness, and creative dialogue.

Currently, we are developing the concept, and we welcome you 2020-07-17T15:00:00Z2020-07-17T19:00:00Z who are interested to get involved.

Friday, July 17th we invite you to an after-work at Frihamnstorget, where we will tell more about the idea of Solaris, and develop it further together with you.

Very welcome!
Olle & Hugi

We are solarpunks because optimism has been taken away from us and we are trying to take it back.
A Solarpunk Manifesto

image (1)

Solarpunk is a rebellion against the structural pessimism in our late visions of how the future will be. Not to say it replaces pessimism with Pollyanna-ish optimism, but with a cautious hopefulness and a daring to tease out the positive potentials in bad situations. Hope that perhaps the grounds of an apocalypse (revelation) might also contain the seeds of something better; something more ecological, liberatory, egalitarian, and vibrant than what came before, if we work hard at cultivating those seeds.
Connor Owens, What Is Solarpunk

In Solarpunk we’ve pulled back just in time to stop the slow destruction of our planet. We’ve learned to use science wisely, for the betterment of our life conditions as part of our planet. We’re no longer overlords. We’re caretakers. We’re gardeners.
A Solarpunk Manifesto

Those with the least access to power in today’s paradigm will be those we must closely listen to if the Solarpunk dream is to be made a reality. For if it is to be sustainable, it will be essential to distribute power and infrastructure throughout independent communities.
Ben Valentine, Solarpunk wants to save the world

“Those pushing for more immediate practical efforts believe a solarpunk movement could, among other things, help bring attention to communities already experiencing climate change most seriously, reminding audiences of an already-dangerous present. But whatever the preferred tactic, participants view solarpunk as ultimately having the potential to affect meaningful long-term political change.”
Adam Boffa , At The Very Least We Know the End of the World Will Have a Bright Side

4 Likes

ping @jonasjohansson, @hampus, @SofiaAnner, @MariaEuler, @Sero, @Nicke, @elch, @annielocke, @darkturo, @Bjorn, @kimgajraj, @bobspeakman, @NinaLindberg, @jakobskote, @alberto, @nadia, @mattiasostmar, @Ylva, @claes_gammelgaard

1 Like

How do I get involved?

All that’s planned so far is an initial after work for interested people on July 17th. Are you in town? You’re the first person I thought of!

@Ollxor and I have only had 2x2 hours sessions so far. Should we plan a time to walk you through the idea so far before the 17th?

1 Like

Great question idk ;D But lets talk asap! Perhaps you can go ahead and dump whats at the top of your mind, bottom of your heart, depths of your soul, on the topic right here and now? I mean, you dont have to go to all those places. But yeah, feel free to engage ;D

1 Like

I’m in too, there is quite some overlap with some of my projects

2 Likes

HERE’S WHAT I WANT FROM A SOLAR PUNK FESTIVAL

1. INSTALLATIONS BASED ON RENEWABLE ENERGY ONLY

So, weird stuff with solar panels, wind work, hand cranks etc. A kind of artistic open call for integrating this tech into architecture, materials, furniture, newspapers, clothes, servers etc.

Would be great to engage KTH, Chalmers + furniture educations, fashion educations etc.

Building electrical and rechargable jewellry etc.

1. TOPICS/TALKS RELATED TO HOW TO GO OFF GRID / GREEN
  • How to setup a scalable solar lighting system
  • How to get on the grid and share a communication with local electric companies regarding distribution of power
  • Difference between 5, 12, 24 and 230V in regards to going off-grid
  1. RADICAL MUSIC / THEATRE / STUFF PERFORMANCES UNDER THE THEME OF EARTH WIND FIRE AND WATER

Dunno’, but something in there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a nice idea! Let’s weave it in our other activities.

1 Like