Give us your thoughts regarding Frihamnstorget

Hi everyone!
We would like to hear your thoughts on Frihamnstorget. The purpose of the survey is to collect thoughts and visions about Frihamnen’s current situation and future. The survey is part of our work through Stockholm University.

We study project management in culture and urban development, and in our education we will develop a project idea for Frihamnstorget.

We who work with the survey are
@JohannaThelander @LinaLarsson @SaraZetterqvist @ElinaWidnersson

Take the survey here and your responses will be posted below!

5 Likes

Ping @blivande-members, @Frihamnstorget, @noden-board

Var bor du? Where do you live?
Stockholm

Vad arbetar du med? What is your occupation?
Doktorand

Hur gammal/ung är du? How old are you?

Vad anser du är Frihamnens identiet/What do you consider to be the identity of Frihamnen?
A blank canvas where anything is possible!

Vilken slags näring vill du ska etablera sig i Frihamnen t.ex. livsmedel, detaljhandel, restauranger osv? What type of busniesses would you like to be established in Frihamnen?
Those that encourage active participation and cultural exchange, influenced by burning man principles

Vad annat skulle du önska fanns i Frihamnen som inte finns idag? What other kind of activities and places would you like to see in the future in Frihamnen?
festivals, workshops

Vad tycker du om friluftslivet/tillgången till natur i Frihamnen? What do think of the outdoor life in Frihamnen?
excellent this summer, will see how we adapt the square to be active during winter as well

Beskriv kort hur du önskar att Frihamnen ser ut år 2040? Describe your vision for Frihamnen in 2040?
hopefully having more than a one year at a time contract :stuck_out_tongue:

Finns det något annat du vill tillägga gällande platsutveckling i Frihamnen? Is there anything else you would like to add concering the placemaking of Frihamnen?

2 Likes

Friedhelmsplan

Biochemist laboratory in the hospital

Vad anser du är Frihamnens identiet/What do you consider to be the identity of Frihamnen?
I think the square is an accumulation of motivation. What people see through in creating is what in the end is created. Do-ocracy with constant advice seeking on the community and Blivande management.

The project is constantly growing up and becoming more and more realistic in reaching it’s full potential in a trial and error manner.

Incredible work of love and creativity with thousands of voluntary man power hours.

For the rest of Frihamnen it looks actually like dead industrial area on way too valuable ground.

Vilken slags näring vill du ska etablera sig i Frihamnen t.ex. livsmedel, detaljhandel, restauranger osv? What type of busniesses would you like to be established in Frihamnen?
Maybe more restaurants, artist collectives, dancing spaces, museums, experimental spaces for citizens

Less industry

Vad annat skulle du önska fanns i Frihamnen som inte finns idag? What other kind of activities and places would you like to see in the future in Frihamnen?
It would be nice to have a green area somewhere. A place for trees and humans to be outside.

Vad tycker du om friluftslivet/tillgången till natur i Frihamnen? What do think of the outdoor life in Frihamnen?
We are really close to Djurgården and Gärdet, so it is available, but the area itself could benefit from more trees and some green.

Beskriv kort hur du önskar att Frihamnen ser ut år 2040? Describe your vision for Frihamnen in 2040?
*the heavy industry is gone
*the busstation is gone
*Blivande persisted and expanded to a huge experimental space including offices. Some residential housing with thoughtful design and space for cultural expression.

• Easier access to the water

Finns det något annat du vill tillägga gällande platsutveckling i Frihamnen? Is there anything else you would like to add concering the placemaking of Frihamnen?

2 Likes

Bandhagen

Intendent till kulturinstitution

It has to be a place where we can see new forms of creativity happening, where we can have meetings about sustainable society, place to exchange knowledge about skipping industry and producing/repairing/building what we need

Repairing stuff, collective shops to buy in bulks from eko producers , detaljhandel without packaging

It need to reorganize the area toward Gärdet so that it doesnt feel totally cut out

2 Likes

Gärdet

Chef

Trist otryggt industriområde med kryssningsbåtturister och miljögifter

Allt av det, restauranger, butiksgalleria, gym, studdshoppeland,aktivitetscenter, apotek, systembolag, byggföretag typ byggmax

Modernt utegym, skateboardpark, basketplan, genomtänkt lekpark för alla åldrar

Icke existerande förutom vyn av vattnet

Delen av olje och containerområdet flyttas och saneras. Industriområdet renoveras upp och byts delar ut till bostäder, en massa planteringar görs med en röd tråd genom området ala norra djurgårdsstaden. Spårvagnen genomförs från city genom frihamnen värtahamnen, skärgårdsbåtar, lokaltrafiksbåtar, ett modernare och större utomhusbassäng än kampementsbadet. Ett nytt nds men med galleria, olika gym, livsmedelsbutiker och apptwk, systembolag men även ett prisvärt byggföretag som bauhaus,byggmax

2 Likes

Stockholm

PhD

A space for experimentation, community and expression

Community kitchen or furniture interior design with items from local and starting entrepreneurs

More green. More play and gathering places. Mixed genders and ages. Skatepark, boule, art gallery, community kitchen, connections with suburbs and other cultures. Just anything what is not already in the inner city.

There is a very long queue for the kolonilotten, there could possibly be a new one - though community driven?

This question is a bit too broad - like what would be possible, what is the frame? What is the future of Frihamnen?

Some badplatser in Stockholm are really popular and with an increasing population, these places become overcrowded. This side of Stockholm barely has any place to go into the water or interact with the water. Some other activities that support and form synergy with Blivande.

I would be happy to see the area being developed through co-creation and hopefully inspired by the ten burning man principles. What do Stockholmers want, what can be created organically, students, associations, etc.

Nacka

Student

Innovation och kulturellt nytänk

Restauranger och konstnärer

En blandning av nationella och internationella kulturaktörer som vågar tänka nytt.

Det är rik tillgång och behövs. Den ger platsen en karaktär.

En blandning av nationella och internationella kulturaktörer, restauranger, upplevelser och butiker samt en plats där idrott och sport är inkluderat i planen för Frihamnen.

Att våga tänka nytt, inspireras av innovativa städer som finns utomlands och ta koncepten till Frihamnen. Det kommer locka människor från Stockholmsregionen samt människor från övriga landet samt internationellt.

Lidingö

Artist, designer, developer, teacher

Woozy, Danish. Hipp & Happ. Oh, thought it was Frihamnstorget. The identity of Frihamnstorget currently is closer to a dead fish in a lil’ bowl, with Stockholm youth moving in and out with their paddle rackets. It’s like the place in an old western film, when they arrive to an abandoned town and the tumbleweeds flow by.

Food, drinks, popup artsy shops. Cozy fika place. No, but really, I think we need to get some people moving in and out.

An old school cinema, like the Prince something-something in Dalston, London.

It’s pretty dire, unless you make the walk to Gärdet, and get lost in the woods, then it’s alright.

Would like it to be a hub for creativity, a lab for action, a space for dreaming - rather than solely a source of entertainment, storage, food and drinks. What that means is closer to something like office spaces, residencies, laboratories. In 2040 the boat bus brings talented/weird/curious/funky people from all over, to join in the big cabaret.