Frihamnstorget is a unique creative space in Stockholm with huge cultural potential. From now “Gallery Frihamnstorget” will be a regular and growing part of this.
We believe that there should and can be different spaces for art. A space that is accessible, that is open, that gives you freedom and responsibility and helps a diverse range of artists and works to develop.
At the same time, Frihamnstorget gallery will pursue and grow collaborations with other more classical artspaces, to widen the reach for both sides. We want to open up towards and invite more people interested in culture and art into our community who might not know us yet and we want to build bridges for the creators and artists of our community.
The Yellow Container of Gallery Frihamnstorget is available to selected artists for free for a calendar month at a time. Artists are selected based on their proposed exhibitions.
The selection is made by the Gallery Frihamnstorget board from the proposals submitted on this platform as well as through direct invitation.
We provide the exhibition space, electricity and some access to facilities at House Blivande for free for a month at a time. For the first year we do not take any provisions from art or ticket sales the artist makes connected to the gallery.
Exhibiting at Gallery Frihamnstorget comes with certain responsibilities for the exhibiting artist. You can find a more detailed list in the guidelines but the most important points to be aware of from the start are as follows:
- You need to plan and promote an opening event for your exhibition and make the exhibition accessible for the public for at least 7 days during the your residency. Frihamnstorget and Blivande can use our social media channels to push your promotions and provide you with suggestions, but you must be prepared to invest your own time and budget to plan your events and generate promotional material.
- Frihamnstorget and Blivande will not take responsibility for damages. Any insurance for the exhibited art pieces has to be covered by the artist.
- The gallery container can not be changed in ways that cannot be restored. This includes painting and drilling. You must return the space as you received it on the last day of the calendar month. Fixtures can be made with magnets or through welding if discussed first with the Gallery Frihamnstorget board.
By exhibiting in Frihamnstorget Gallery you accept these rules (and the more detailed list in the guidelines).
We are looking forward to you and your art in this wonderful space!
Steps to apply
- Sign up on the dream platform
- Read the guidelines
- Create your proposal.
- Either publish it to get others excited about the idea or keep it unpublished so only you and the reference group can see it. You can continue working on it even after you post it as we understand dreams always as WIP.
- Open call period: 19th of October - 23rd of November
- We will get in touch and announce the selection for the first quarter of 2021 in the first week of December.
You can check out Gallery Frihamsntorget on Instagram @gallerifrihamnstorget: https://www.instagram.com/gallerifrihamnstorget/