Exhibition space in my room instead of storage

@Sero had a nice idea at the AW last friday, that I should clean up the storage space opposite to the windows in my room and instead set up a sort of exhibition space with some of the costumes and maybe some stop-motion things Ive done. I will ofcourse take the brunt of the work cleaning the space up. What do you all think about that? ping @Ollxor @cecilia_ulfsdotter @Simon @hugi @hampus @Alex.Colard

7 Likes

Sounds good

Lovely Idea! So nice to see everyone taking so much care of the shared spaces. It makes me super happy. Let me know if I can help @Emanu

thanks diana, that response makes me happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure go for it

1 Like

Sounds great!

As you already know @Emanu I support this suggestion. The only thing that’s important to remember here is that there is a continuous need for access to office supplies at Tau (I get asked questions about it almost every week) so we can’t just remove these things without replacing the function somewhere else. Solve that question first and then feel free to execute on the change.

Long-term I think the natural place for these things would be in the Open Space room, but until the enlargement and make-over has happened there there is not much space for it unless the “random use” stainless steel bench is to become the new designated office area.

Alternative 2 is to create such a space in Fixed desk room where Alex is. i.e. temporarily sacrificing one such fixed space to become the new office supplies and free for all-desk.

1 Like

Hey I have an idea to repaint the part of the room where the exhibition space is gonna be, that is the part where the office supplies were, in the photo studio grey, but keep my work area with white walls. Would that be OK ?

random tags:
@hampus @hugi @Joannis-Magnus @cecilia_ulfsdotter @DianaMO @Alex.Colard @Simon @FridaW

2 Likes

No objections. I’m not sure who the stakeholders would be here - but your list of tags seems reasonably complete.

1 Like

its great, do it

1 Like

Emanu, I don’t get it? Vad vill du göra och var?
God jultomte / Frida

ok breaking forum custom but maybe if I explain in swedish:

måla grått bara från draperiet och “bakåt” från där jag sitter, så “genomgångsdelen” har gråa väggar och tak och min arbetsdel fortfarande är vit. Något klarare?

Also heres a sketch (I think the proportions are very off but hopefully it gets the idea across) :

4 Likes

No worries, we’re bilingual!

1 Like

Kul! Go för it.

2 Likes

@Simon lemme know when ur on site next time, I want to talk to you about painting! :*

No reservations from me as long as you properly use masking tape and everything else needed to make it look good. Both for our own sake and due to a deal with our landlord. We technically can’t repaint anything if it’s not done fulfilling a professional standard.

Would you paint the roof as well?

1 Like

I like the vibe of the sketch btw even if it’s quick and rough!

In the future it would be nice to make similar sketches for the whole of Tau for website and social media as a commissioned thing. Or funny illustrations of what NOT to do with certain tools etc. Similar to the classic Fallout illustrations showing different character traits.

2 Likes

im thinking the roof too, yes, if thats OK?

haha would love to do those illus. dont have time to do it for free right now tho…