Electronics ⚡

Looking GREAT!

No, we can just ask nicely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really fantastic work @jonasjohansson and @IdaMaria!!!

I’ve added in a box with the wall hooks/hangers that you asked for. See photo. It was on the floor in the corridor. You can also find more surplus hooks (smaller sizes) in the woodshop, on the wall with electric cables and inside the Node storage (ask for code).

I’ve also switched out the faulty splitter/grendosa on the end table so that the lighting works again.

Extra hooks for perforated walls:image

Thank you @hampus for putting up the shelves in the Storage Room and also showing me the hooks :slight_smile:

I think we need a new set of hooks made for smaller components, that can hold boxes etc. and maybe storage boxes for those hooks:

Something like:
https://www.gbp.se/verkstadsinredning/verktygskrokar.html

@Ollxor @ubbesen any input?

I’ll try to come by today to make a rough sorting of the boxes outside of the electronics space and move whatever is needed into storage or elsewhere.

@Ollxor will you be able to drop by June 10-20 for a collective organisational round? I then leave for west coast.

Hooks lokin good!

Yes! One of these days should most def be possiblurb. Let’s find one that fits. I’m here now (Beta) and for maybe an hour or so more if you wanna have a brief chat.

I may arrive this evening for a brief moment. Let me know which days work for you, Wednesday 13th of June is good with me, afternoon to evening.

Hey team,

@Ollxor and I will meet on 13 June, Wednesday afternoon to evening. Mission is to go over the additions made by @IdaMaria and myself, as well as to go over the boxes of material outside of the space - As well as look at new purchases / do inventory.

Suggestions on new inventory can be made here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m8Z1MYJDfI_W6nyiOis7Ue1jElMBKgNi2yLmUZiKQpU/edit?usp=sharing

For instance, we’d like to consider a great labeling system for the boxes, cutting mats and more. Please add so that we can make a shared decision :slight_smile:

See you around!

1 Like

Noted, @jonasjohansson . Keep me in the loop on how much you would like to spend.

Great! I can probably join in towards the evening.

Hey! @Ollxor and I have looked at the inventory list today and have some things we would like to order.

In this document there’s a bunch of things we think would be great to have :slight_smile: Instead of last time where we made the order using the Blivande credit card, how do you think we should do it this time? Would it be possible for @hugi to make the order or @hampus?

We have one thing missing from this sheet which are the attachments for the Verktygstavla along with boxes for those attachments, but I will add these shortly - either way they will be from a separate vendor most likely.

It looks like there are quite a few suppliers. We already have a company account with BAUHAUS, send me your personnummer and I will create an account for you there so you can order yourself. You can use Signal or Telegram to send your personnummer in an encrypted message, my number is +46723044006.

On Condrad, I just registered an account. I will send you the username and password on the same encrypted channel as you send me your personnummer on. For Kjell, I just applied for company credit there too, and once it comes through you’ll be able to log in there too.

At Bauhaus, Conrad and Kjell we can buy on credit and get invoiced.

For Adafruit, we need to use the card. Probably best that you just grab @hampus and have him lend you the card when you’re in the house.

1 Like

Great, thank you!

I will place the order before end of June as I will be in Stockholm most of July.

@ubbesen and anyone else, anything you see that is crucial that we are missing?

1 Like

:zap: Update :zap:

Lot’s of things have arrived.

• Wall mounts for the tool wall
  • Desk PSU 20A
  • Proper heat gun
  • Proper soldering station
  • Cutting mat

Some things I missed:

• The actual iron for the station! Argh! (I need to visit Kjell…)
  • The fact that the PSU is 5A front and 20A rear! Argh! (I have remedied this by bringing my personal 10A PSU…
  • The cutting mat is not as excellent as I would have hoped! (I have remedied this by bringing my personal mats)

The labels for the boxes have yet to arrive, so I took the old labels for the shelves and sliced them up. Now all the boxes are a bit easier to mark and read. It’s a temporary solution, the glue and quality of these are dodgy. Works, but not ideal.

What to do now?

I’ve got 3-4 large boxes basically labelled “Stuff” which needs going through… I’ve brought my own personal inventory and added to the current one so… Yeah, there’s a lot of stuff.

I’ve made two boxes with “Hey, we have too much stuff of this stuff and it’s up for grabs…” which are by the door. Should think of a better solution for this.

Beckmans is opening up soon again so I may do some nice prints. The first plan is to print manifest/instructions for room along with Swish information.

As always, others are free to join in the electronics room shenanigans… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Excellent work as always dear Jonas! You have my vote for Tau member of the month award! :slight_smile:

I’m always happy to walk passed the electronics room seeing the tidiness and order in there. Like a beacon of hope and promise for the rest of Tau…

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Thank you!

Step by step…

I find it challenging to get people to join/come over. Our target group feels slim:

Professional enough to realise the need for a designated space beside a co-office, desk space, working from home.

Not Professional enough to not already have this, or work at a place that has it.

At the same time, they must feel they have enough work/projects that warrant dishing out the money, and not just a small tinkering task here and there.

Our expected participation/involvement is higher than that of Stockholm Makerspace, where you can sort of just head after school/work and tinker.

Even myself, I have only a need for such a space rarely. Perhaps 2-3 times a year, I am however highly motivated maintaining such a space and believe it is important for it to exist.

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s time to have a workshop with our current members and find a way out of this catch 22. Maybe @brooks could help us here?

Hey,

A new member here dropping by to say hi!

Been reading older threads today to get up to speed on what’s happening around Tao, especially the electronics room as I foresee myself spending some time there.
Thanks to everyone who’s worked on making it into what it is today.
Look forward to helping out to further develop the and co-create with you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WOHO!

Do we know each other already?

www.jonasjohansson.se, here’s a link to my Messenger - please add me there if we aren’t already digital friends!

I was just there today organising the organising… :slight_smile:

Happy to have you on board! Welcome!!

2 Likes

Welcome, Sebastian! Looking forward to meeting you! :smile:

I have one thing to add, I see in the excel sheet that there are quite a few things from adafruit on order. I have noticed that even though the customer service is excellent, it will most likely be possible to get those stuff from mouser.se instead for a cheaper price. If you buy over 500sek you also get free shipping (which from Adafruit do can add up to quite a bit).

/Björn

2 Likes