Creation of Manifesto & Payment Information 🔥

I am working on signage for the Electronics space!

MANIFESTO

A manifesto is a published declaration of the intentions, motives, or views of the issuer, be it an individual, group, political party or government. A manifesto usually accepts a previously published opinion or public consensus or promotes a new idea with prescriptive notions for carrying out changes the author believes should be made. It often is political or artistic in nature, but may present an individual’s life stance. Manifestos relating to religious belief are generally referred to as creeds.

So far I have only added some points from Corita Kent, but will add as I go. My intention is to print an A2 and have it visible in the Electronics space (inside or outside). This document should also include some practical information.

Why?

I believe it’s important for us to have a shared guideline that we can agree and/or disagree with. Some kind of motivation and/or point of departure.

FYI I am making this specifically for the Electronics room but if people agree it could be for all of Tau.

Manifesto

PAYMENT INFORMATION

I am also making a clear sign declaring the obligations regarding financial compensation for use of materials in Tau (again, specifically the Electronics room). Below is a sketch.

Why?

A lot of the items in that space are mine that I am happy to share, not give away, but share. It’s there for the space to have everything required for work, and that’s how I would personally want it to stay. In order for us to replenish items etc. we have to have some kind of economy going.

Happy to have a discussion / input on how this could be made / written. I have used the Should I Work For Free poster as a reference.. FYI I believe we should have a Tau Swish for materials!

Any thoughts @Ollxor @ubbesen?

Looks good, and in line with how I see things. My gear and consumables can be part of this structure.

Thanks for doing this and making decisions!