Blivande Akademie - Finding the Masters!

Agenda for Akademie Meeting today:

• Make list of masters

• Set up time plan: google sheet.

• Adjust Akademi Form on dreams

• directly reach out to master to fill in Akademi form on dreams

• Timeplan. google sheet calendar

• Theme:
    leading the workshops into a shared direction via a inspirational theme like:

* How would you add to Blivande?
    * How to improve a space?
    * How do you make a space a home?
    * Make home

https://dreams.blivande.com/blivande-academy

I put up a suggestion for a technical pattern construction class, its a tailor’s method of producing individualised garments blueprints, made from scratch using you own body measurements. Could this be of interest? You would need to have some basic sewing know-how, and its quite technical (its mostly calculations and careful measurements). Would love to teach others about this almost forgotten method

5 Likes

OMG ! I want !!!

2 Likes

Great! So excited!

Online Info Event for workshop facilitators

We are organising an online call for all interested facilitators

Wednesday the 18th of November 18:00 to 20:00 CET.

Agenda:

• 18:00-18:30 presentation of Blivande facilities and tools you can use + Blivande Akademie Vision

• 18:30 - 18:45 General Question round

• 18:45 - 20:00 You can book 15 min slots to talk through your specific workshop plans with the Akademie Team and the group.(If there is much interested for this we will organise followup sessions until then: first come first serve)

Slots:

1. 18:45 - 19:00
  2. 19:00 - 19:15
  3. 19:15 - 19:30
  4. 19:30 - 19:45
  5. 19:45 - 20:00

You can comment below to book a slot.

We are planning to announce and start advertising the program for the spring term ( January to April 2021) in the first week of December.
Therefore this event is a great opportunity to finalize your workshop plan and proposal so we can add all the info needed from every workshop and make sure we are all on the same page.

We are setting a soft deadline för workshop proposal for the spring term on November 23rd 2020 for outreach reasons.

Any questions can be posted here or brought to the call on the 18th.

Looking forward to meeting you masters or beauty, weirdness and wisdom!

1 Like

Ping @DianaMO, could you add the info above to your modem post?

1 Like

Are you mailing the people too? :slight_smile:

Yes, Niki is mailing those you forwarded to us with contact info

1 Like

Me and Alex talked about this a bit and I would love to do workshops, but it would be quite a bit away in the future because right now my life is a bit too much. Here are my ideas tho:

STOP-MOTION (Cut-out) WORKSHOP

Would have to build animation boxes (wooden boxes with holder for Ipads/similar, lights and two-three glass layers to animate on). WOULD NEED USED IPADS/SIMILAR FOR THIS, any leads for cheap or free such are welcome.

EVA-FOAM WORKSHOP

How to make lightweight costumes for film/theatre/LARP(/Burns?) in EVA foam.

4 Likes

super nice! Could you indicate from which month you live might allow you to look further into this? Just so we can keep it in mind and maybe send you a message)

@RobertPenten Check out this thread about hosting paid courses through Blivande. Could be interesting for you. I think car mechanics/repairs would be a super popular topic for many to explore, especially if it’s combined with working on a nice classic car such as your 60’s Land Rover.

3 Likes

Yes, Hello.
This sounds great and I would love to show and talk about in and answer questions while showing. If I would have a garage somewhere near where I could work with the car I could do workshops often since I like to work with it often. I could talk about anything from clutch, gearbox, cooling, heating, air inlets, map fueling and how a cumbostion engine work etc.
Or more like hosting a open talk about it and maybe draw and show on a whitboard and talk about normal problems or how stuff work?

3 Likes

Sign me up!

I think a combo with whiteboard theory and practical work on an actual car is the best way to do it. With like an average 20/80 ratio in theory vs practice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello all. :heart:
I’ve been absent from this thread for a while, the reason being that despite my enthusiasm and love for this idea, I’ve had to make some difficult choices and de-prioritize certain things for my own sake in order to not overstrech and burn my candle at both ends during a very trying period.
However, I am still willing, ready and able to give courses/seminars in rhythm/drumming, music history/music anthropology and language, specifically Swedish and English. Finnish is available too as a bonus if need be. :grin:
Other topics are possible as well, but the three mentioned above are within areas of expertise for which I already have private projects up and running, so I’m available either for next term, or in case of “emergency” on short notice for the spring, but I cannot guarantee a 100% commitment for the spring term as of yet.
Thank you everyone who is involved in this, especially you @MariaEuler, you’re a superstar. :heart:

2 Likes

sorry forgot to answer this! It depends on a lot of things but…around summer ?

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback =)

2 posts were split to a new topic: My building project (anyone skilled in rendering professional architectural sketches and/or BRF business plans?)

dear @RobertPenten, A workshop/course can be as hands-on/theoretical as you decide. Just set it up as a “New Dream” on this Akademi Dream Platfrom.

Updates can be found in the “Blivande Akademi Forum” here and are also sent via email to registered facilitators.

If you have any questions regarding that you can also ping me directly @MariaEuler.

We plan to start with the first courses in March, but the facilitators decide of course by themselves when they feel secure to hold their coures.

dear @SimianSon, just set it up as a “New Dream” on this Akademi Dream Platfrom.

Updates can be found in the “Blivande Akademi Forum” here and are also sent via email to registered facilitators (those who put their workshop on the dream platform).

If you have any questions regarding that you can also ping me directly @MariaEuler.

We plan to start with the first courses in March, but the facilitators decide of course by themselves when they feel secure to hold their courses. You can also indicate that in your dream form, and once it get more definitive and the course is approved we add you to the “Blivande Akademi” Google and you can input your dates there.

1 Like

Great! Thanks! :smiley::facepunch: