Here’s what’s up today:
On Friday 4th of September 29 students from Beckmans Form and Visual Communications program gather at Frihamnstorget for a full-day activity where they get to know each other through creative activites - relevant for their future studies.
There will be different stations/activities (draft):
- Introduction to Welding with Tobi (on rotation with 2-4 at a time) and design assistance by Olle
- Introduction to Outdoor Gym design thinking and functional design / wood construction with Janne & Erik
- Student Food experience with Bob & Nina
All students will design some kind of outdoor furniture design (vase, pot, chair, booth) etc. there is no pressure for it to be a high quality piece, but instead for it to have vision and idea, and provide a solution to a problem. Form is more important than function.
Students will work in teams of 5 people per team, which makes up for 6 teams in total.
- Jonas & Janne arrives to prepare the day (speakers, power, materials)
- Janne finds wood / paint
- Jonas makes sure there is music, perhaps microphone, and snacks
- 09.00 Jonas & Janne arrive for last preparations
- 10.00 Introduction and team facilitation by Jonas & Janne
- 10.15-12.00 Students build
- 12.00-13.00 Secret lunch experience
- 13.00-15.30 Students build
- 15.30-16.00 Prepare presentations
- 16.00-16.30 Presentation
- 16.30-17.00 Hanging out / Cleaning up; Work is Play continues (perhaps with music)
- Everything that is not wanted from Blivande, will be returned to Beckmans either on the same day, or week after (pick up with car).
You can reach me at 0721615063 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.