Beckmans Form and Visual Communication at Frihamnstorget Friday September 4

Here’s what’s up today:

On Friday 4th of September 29 students from Beckmans Form and Visual Communications program gather at Frihamnstorget for a full-day activity where they get to know each other through creative activites - relevant for their future studies.

There will be different stations/activities (draft):

1. Introduction to Welding with Tobi (on rotation with 2-4 at a time) and design assistance by Olle
  2. Introduction to Outdoor Gym design thinking and functional design / wood construction with Janne & Erik
  3. Student Food experience with Bob & Nina

All students will design some kind of outdoor furniture design (vase, pot, chair, booth) etc. there is no pressure for it to be a high quality piece, but instead for it to have vision and idea, and provide a solution to a problem. Form is more important than function.

Students will work in teams of 5 people per team, which makes up for 6 teams in total.

BEFORE

• Jonas & Janne arrives to prepare the day (speakers, power, materials)
  • Janne finds wood / paint
  • Jonas makes sure there is music, perhaps microphone, and snacks

FRIDAY

• 09.00 Jonas & Janne arrive for last preparations
  • 10.00 Introduction and team facilitation by Jonas & Janne
  • 10.15-12.00 Students build
  • 12.00-13.00 Secret lunch experience
  • 13.00-15.30 Students build
  • 15.30-16.00 Prepare presentations
  • 16.00-16.30 Presentation
  • 16.30-17.00 Hanging out / Cleaning up; Work is Play continues (perhaps with music)

AFTER

• Everything that is not wanted from Blivande, will be returned to Beckmans either on the same day, or week after (pick up with car).

You can reach me at 0721615063 or jns.johansson@gmail.com to get in touch.

1 Like

Hey just checking in: @hampus @hugi @Linnea and crew.

We are picking up the works from the students this week, for either trashing or setting up somewhere at school.

Let me know if something should stay.

xx

1 Like

I’m leaving the ultimate selection up to @hampus, but my personal favorites are the connect four game and the surfboard, including the Hawaii sign. I wouldn’t mind keeping those!

1 Like

I’ll come in and look at the finished results tomorrow! But from what I saw on Friday my answer would be the same as Hugi’s.

Stuff is being picked up tomorrow 10.30, I’ve told them that the Surf Hawaii is off limits but all else can be disassembled and fetched!

1 Like